Three ingredient shortbread
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
Add a little of the flour at a time with the mixer running until it is all combined.
Roll teaspoon-sized balls and place on the baking tray. Use a fork to push them down gently. Make sure that they are spaced out well on the tray as the biscuit will spread during baking.
Bake for 15-17 minutes. Leave to cool on a tray and store in an airtight container when cooled.
- These biscuits are very buttery and delicate. If you want a sturdier biscuit, add an additional ¼ cup of flour to make them heavier.
- This mixture makes a LOT of biscuits. They really spread out on the tray so you may need to bake a few batches or even halve the mixture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits