- 1 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1 cup sultanas
- å_ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cheerios-style grain cereal
- 1 packetåÊfruit clusters (dried fruit covered in yoghurt)
Mix everything together in a large air-tight container and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- You can get creative with ingredients here; I chose my ingredient with good health, energy and protein in mind.
- This mix lives very happily in little zip-lock bags åÊbut don’t send it to school unless your school doesn’t have a Nut-Free Zone in place.
- I cut up some nice craft paper and twisted them into little cones to create ‘bowls’. Get the kids to help you cut them out and glue them closed with craft glue or sticky tape on the inside.
- The dried cranberry and chocolate bits add that bit of naughtiness to the otherwise super-healthy mix so your kids still feel they are having a treat. Dark chocolate is the best option.
- Get the kids to shake this one up for you inside an air-tight container or bag.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder